Shani Jayanti is the day when Lord Shani, son of Suryadev took birth. His birth anniversary is on Amavasya tithi of the Vaisakh month. Lord Shani rules the planet Saturn and has strong influence on everyone’s life as per astrology. Hindus from all communities worship Lord Shani to avoid malefic influence of the God, in their horoscope. Especially devotees who have sade sathi or Saturn cycle in their life fast and pray on this day to Lord Shani.
The purpose of fasting on Shani Jayanti is to please Lord Shani with prayers and visiting Shani temples, so that luck and fortune are received by individuals. It is believed that position of Shani in the horoscope along with other navgraha should be nice so that one’s hard work is paid off in this life.
Shani Jayanti 2021 is on June 10 Thursday
1 month and 23 days to go for the event
Rituals of the day
- On this day special shani shanti puja, havan, yagya are said to be beneficial apart from regular Saturday pujas.
- These pujas can be performed in either Navgraha temples or Shani temple in your locality.
- On the day of puja, the idol at home or temple is cleaned. Ganga jal, panchamrit, oil and water is use to clean the idol one after the other.
- The idol is offered nauratnahaar (necklace of nine precious gems) and puja is performed.
- Shani strotra or shanti path should be read after puja to please Lord Shani so that there is no hindrance in one’s growth.
- It is believed that donating black clothes, black til (sesame), or mustard oil on this day benefits the devotee. He/ she can lead a hassle free life.
- If, you are will to get Homam done on this day, remember to get it done from a good priest and not give ample of money to someone who is not a pandit and is cheating you in the name of God.
Important Timings On Shani Jayanti
|Sunrise||June 10, 2021 5:44 AM|
|Sunset||June 10, 2021 7:08 PM|
|Amavasya Tithi Begins||June 09, 2021 1:58 PM|
|Amavasya Tithi Ends||June 10, 2021 4:22 PM|
|Place : Ujjain [ India ] See More|
Shani Jayanti has a lot of influence among Hindus who are God fearing. This festival is especially celebrated in Madhya Pradesh State of India. Thirunallar Shani Temple and Kokilavan Dham Sani Dev Temple are the famous in the country.
Shani Jayanti festival dates between 2018 & 2028
|2018||Tuesday, 15th of May|
|2019||Monday, 3rd of June|
|2020||Friday, 22nd of May|
|2021||Thursday, 10th of June|
|2022||Monday, 30th of May|
|2023||Friday, 19th of May|
|2024||Thursday, 6th of June|
|2025||Tuesday, 27th of May|
|2026||Saturday, 16th of May|
|2027||Friday, 4th of June|
|2028||Wednesday, 24th of May|