Given below is a free astigmatism test to find out whether or not suffer from astigmatism. This is a simple eye test using images to test for astigmatism. This test can be considered as a basic home based eye exam which will help you decide whether or not to consult an eye specialist.
Follow the instructions given below and complete the test by answering the questions. Click the Start button to start the test.
Dear User, given below is the result of your Astigmatism Test calculation.
What is Astigmatism?
Astigmatism is a condition of impaired eye sight which is a result of an irregular curvature of the cornea or lens. Blurred vision is the main symptom of astigmatism.
Astigmatism is a curable eye condition and may be corrected with eyeglasses, contact lenses, or LASIK surgery.
Astigmatism test by means of astigmatism chart or dial
- Astigmatism test with the help of chart or dial will help you to self assess the problem.
- Each eye has to be measured individually, closing the other.
- First, you need to close one eye & view the dial by the other.
- The same process is to be repeated.
- While viewing individually, do take note of the depth & intensity of darkness.
- There will be lines shooting off from the astigmatism chart.
- Now you will have to judge, if all the lines are similarly dark.
- If they are so, you are unlikely to be affected by astigmatism.
- But, if it isn't so with one line/lines appearing darker than the rest, it is possible that you are affected refractive anomalies.
Modalities of astigmatism test taken at home
- Before reaching out to your eye specialist or optometrist, you can take the test at home.
- It is possible to test for astigmatism online.
- In case, you are taking it online, make sure to maintain bare minimum distance of fourteen inches.
- The given distance should separate you from the screen of computer.
- If you are used to wearing lens or specs, you can take the test using the same.
- Thereafter, you can follow the aforementioned process.