How to prepare Gim Bap (Korean Sushi Roll)? Here is a recipe with ingredients and directions to prepare Gim Bap (Korean Sushi Roll). phelan.amanda, who submitted this recipe, categorises the difficulty level of this recipe as hard to prepare.
|User Rating :|
|Recipe Submitted By :||phelan.amanda|
|Submitted on :||28/10/16|
|Preparation Time :||40 Minutes|
Gimbap or kimbap is a Korean dish made from steamed white rice and various other ingredients, rolled in gim and served in bite-size slices. Gimbap is often eaten during picnics or outdoor events, or as a light lunch, served with danmuji or kimchi
10 Sheets of gim (nori)
500g Cooked beef bulgogi using Obap
Korean BBQ Marinade sauce
1 Medium sized carrots, julienned
4 Eggs, beaten with a pinch of salt
1 Bunch English spinach, blanched
¼ Cloves garlic, minced
½ Tbsp sesame oil
1 Packet white pickled danmooji (daikon), thinly sliced
1-2 Tbsp oil
4-5 Cups cooked short medium grain rice
2 Tbsp sesame oil
½ - 1 Tsp salt
1. Mix rice with 2 tbsp sesame oil and ½ -1 tsp salt in a bowl and set aside. Also set aside bulgogi and sliced danmooji.
2. Pour ½ -1 tbsp oil to a heated pan and pour eggs and make a thin omelette over medium heat, omelette should be pale in colour. Cut into thin strips when cooled and set aside.
3. Pour ½ -1 tbsp oil to a heated pan and quickly sauté carrots for about 30 seconds and season with salt and set aside.
4. Squeeze excess water out of spinach, mix with ½ tbsp sesame oil, ¼ cloves of garlic and 2 pinches of salt in a bowl and set aside.
5. Place sushi mat on a board. Place gim (nori sheet) on the mat, place 1/3- ½ cups of rice on gim, covering about 2/3 of the sheet. Place all the ingredients on top of the rice, lining them up horizontally and close together. Roll the gim(nori sheet), using your mat until you have a cylinder shape. Squeeze the roll inside the mat gently so that the gimbap is not too loose.
6. Repeat with all the other ingredients until you have a desired number of gimbap rolls. Cut gimbap into bite
sized pieces, usually 8-10.
Other Egg Dishes Recipes
|2||Toast With Scrambled Eggs||25/09/08|
|3||VEGETABLE EGG OMLET||30/04/11|
|5||egg soya chilly||24/01/17|