A popular fast food and served as a street food in major cities as snack with combination of sambar, chutney recipes. We have used a normal dosa batter for this recipe and a cast iron tawa to prepare the dosa which yields a crisp and golden coloured dosa
How to Make Ghee Roast
- Take a non-stick tawa (griddle) and heat it. Sprinkle some water on the tava and gently wipe it using a cloth.
- Now add few drops of oil to a tawa or pan. Gently wipe well with a kitchen tissue or cloth until the oil is absorbed. Ensure there is no excess oil on the pan. You may use a slice of onion to rub the oil.
- When the pan is hot enough, pour a ladleful of the batter and spread it in a circular motion.
- Now, put little ghee over the batter on the tawa and along the edges. Cook on a high flame untill the batter turns brown in colour and crisp. Keep in mind to adjust the flame as per the pan size and thickness. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Once the batter on the top is cooked, sprinkle 1/2 tsp oil on the edges of the batter and in the center of the pan.
- Cook till the base turns golden and crisp. Once cooked the base will leave the pan properly.
- Roll it over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Continue the same process with the remaining batter to make more dosas. Serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambhar.
You can dilute the batter with little water as needed to achieve a more pourable batter and also spreading consistency. Avoid sprinkling water often on a hot non stick tawa that’s going to wear out even the best non stick coating.