Saubhagya Sundari Teej
Saubhagya Sundari Teej, also known as ‘Saubhagya Sundari Vrat’ is an important festival observed by married women in Northern India. It is celebrated on the ‘Tritiya’ (3rd day) of the ‘Krishna Paksha’ (the dark fortnight of moon) during the ‘Margashirsha’ month of the traditional Hindu calendar. In the Gregorian calendar it falls between the months of December to January. During Saubhagya Sundari Teej, women offer special prayers to Mother Goddess for the welfare and prosperity of their family.
Saubhagya Sundari Teej 2023 is on November 30 Thursday
2 months and 7 days to go for the event
Rituals during Saubhagya Sundari Teej:
- On the day of Saubhagya Sundari Teej women get up at sunrise and take an early bath. They wear the 16 adornments of married women and wear their best clothes. Some of these 16 adornments are mehendi, kumkum, bangles, roli, turmeric powder, supari, vermillion and anklet to name a few.
- On the occasion of Saubhagya Sundari Teej, married women perform the puja of Mother Goddess (a manifestation of Goddess Parvati). Women offer prayers to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati and perform all the puja in a ritualistic manner. The idols of the God and Goddess is draped in a red cloth and placed on a wooden platform. An earthen lamp is lit in the front and various offerings are made to the deities in the form of moli, roli, chawal, supari and pan to name a few. The idol of Goddess Parvati is also beautifully decorated with the 16 adornments.
- As per the rituals, Lord Ganesha is offered the first prayers during the puja. The nine planets along with the complete family of Lord Shiva are also worshipped while performing the Saubhagya Sundari Teej puja.
- Devotees invite a Brahmin to their house on this day. Women prepare an elaborate and special food for this day for offering to Goddess Parvati. After the puja, there is a custom to feed the Brahmin and alter offer him clothes and ‘dakshina’.
- Women keep a strict fast on the day of Saubhagya Sundari Teej. They do not eat or drink anything all during the day. The Saubhagya Sundari Teej Vrat is broken after completing all the puja rituals. Women observe this fast for the welfare and longevity of their husbands.
Important Timings On Saubhagya Sundari Teej 2023
|Sunrise||November 30, 6:54 AM|
|Sunset||November 30, 5:36 PM|
|Tritiya Tithi Timing||November 29, 01:57 PM - November 30, 02:25 PM|
|Place : Ujjain [ India ] See More|
Significance of Saubhagya Sundari Teej:
Saubhagya Sundari Teej is a significant event, especially for married women. It is known that the virtues of performing this puja are equivalent to that of ‘Teej’ and ‘Karwa Chauth’. As the name implies, the Saubhagya Sundari Teej festival is observed to bring positivity and good fortune in one’s life. Women sacredly perform the puja and rituals to be blessed with a virtuous husband and sons. It is believed that by observing the Saubhagya Sundari Teej, anyone can change their destiny for good and live a happy and successful life. Moreover, young and unmarried girls also keep the Saubhagya Sundari Teej Vrat to get free from any marriage dosha and overcome delay in marriage. This vrat is particularly helpful for those suffering ‘Manglik Dosha’ and adverse planetary positions in their Kundali. When performed with full dedication, young girls are able to find a suitable match and also live a blissful married life. It is rightly stated that Saubhagya Sundari Teej is bestowed as ‘Akhand Vardaan’ (divine blessings) for women.
Saubhagya Sundari Teej festival dates between 2020 & 2030
|2021||Monday, 22nd of November|
|2022||Friday, 11th of November|
|2023||Thursday, 30th of November|
|2024||Monday, 18th of November|
|2025||Saturday, 8th of November|
|2026||Friday, 27th of November|
|2027||Tuesday, 16th of November|
|2028||Sunday, 5th of November|
|2029||Saturday, 24th of November|
|2030||Wednesday, 13th of November|