Got leftover bread, then fix up a great dessert with very few ingredients. Very easy to make, and surprise your guests with this super yummy bread gulab jamun!
- 8 Bread slices without crust
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 6 Tablespoon Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- Cooking Oil
How to Make Bread Gulab Jamun
Make the balls
- Break up the bread into very small crumbs and mix in milk so as to get a smooth dough.
- Make small balls out of this mix.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan and fry each ball on low heat until golden brown.
- Take out with a slotted spoon and place aside on kitchen towels or tissue papers.
- Pour water and sugar in a saucepan and allow it to boil.
- Once the sugar melts, let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add in cardamom powder, stir lightly and let it simmer for another 15 minutes. Keep aside.
- Once bread balls are fried, immerse them in the sugar syrup.
- Boil for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Take off from heat and allow to cool for about one hour.
This dessert can be served warm or cold. After one hour of rest, it is good to be served. Or else, cool completely for about 5 hours, and you can serve with a scoop of ice cream.