A traditional Indian dessert that is quick to make, healthy and perfect for all festivals and to serve special guests. Plus, it has a very short cooking time and will be loved by adults and children alike.
- 1 Cup Grated Carrot
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoon Chopped Cashewnut
- 2 Tablespoon Chopped Almond
- 3 Tablespoon Ghee
How to Make Carrot Halwa
- Heat the pan and melt ghee in it.
- Add grated carrot, and saute on medium heat for 20 minutes or until it is semi- dry.
- Shift to high heat and saute again for 10 minutes until completely dry.
- Pour milk, stir and cook covered for 8 minutes.
- Next add sugar, stir and cook over medium heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until everything is well combined.
- Last, increase the heat, keep stirring until completely dry.
- Add in chopped nuts and stir well. The halwa is ready to serve.
Instead of milk, you can also use sweetened condensed milk (1 cup) and reduce the sugar to one cup only. For added flavour, you can add in powdered cardamom or clove powder. Serve cold with icecream.