This is a special recipe for the Iftar time. But is there is a specific to enjoy some sweet nutrition? Take these date fritters, whenever you are hungry and travelling. Best for children and adults alike.
- 15 Whole Dates pitted
- 15 Cashewnuts
- 3/4 Cup All purpose flour or Maida
- 4 Tablespoon Rice Flour
- Salt as needed
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar
- Water as needed
- Oil for frying
How to Make Date Fritters
- Pit the dates.
- Pour oil in a frying pan and allow it to get hot.
- In another bowl, mix all purpose flour, rice flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar and mix well.
- Mix in water to get thick batter with no lumps.
- Once oil is hot, dip each date in batter and fry in hot oil until golden brown.
Instead of baking soda, you can add in an egg into the batter. You will get a smooth and thick batter. If you do not want all purpose flour, use whole wheat flour instead and make the same recipe.