Mushrooms are the go-to option for vegetarians looking for Vitamin D rich food. When we think about antioxidant rich food, brightly colored veggies come to our mind. We seldom think of these humble yet scrummy edible fungi. Lets look into this yummy yet filling recipe of a mushroom omelette. What a way to add some yum to the boring old omelette. This is an easy option for a quick breakfast or as a healthy yet filling snack.
How to Make Mushroom Omelet
- Beat the eggs with salt and pepper and keep aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to a non stick pan and add the chopped ginger and garlic and onions and saute until the rawness leaves the garlic and the onions become translucent.
- Add the turmeric powder and the garam masala to the sauteed onions. Next add the chopped mushrooms, chopped bell peppers and the tomatoes. Add salt to taste.
- Once the mix is cooked, set them aside in a plate.
- In the same non-stick pan add 1 tbsp of oil and then add the beaten egg mixture once the oil is heated up.
- Once the eggs are almost set, add the mushroom mix across the egg surface. Once the eggs are cooked one side, flip it over to cook thoroughly cook the egg.
- Serve hot.
This omlette can be paired with bread. It can even be placed inside a chapati as a roll to make a healthy tiffin snack for the kids.