Got leftover idli? And if you have a handful of unexpected guests, then we know the panic that strikes every cook! If you have about 4-5 leftover idlis, this bite size spicy lip smacking Idli 65 will be your best bet! Serve it on cold rainy days and your family will keep asking for more!
- 6 Cooked Idlis
- 1/2 Cup All purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoon Cornflour
- 2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 4 Teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 Teaspoon Tomato Sauce
- 2 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Ginger
- 2 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onions
- 2 Teaspoon Ginger- Garlic Paste
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Capsicum
- Salt as needed
- 2.5 Cup Oil for frying and sauteeing
- 2 Teaspoon Lime Juice
- Water as needed
How to Make Idli 65
- Quarter each idli into fours and keep aside.
- Take a bowl and add all purpose flour, red chilli powder (1 teaspoon), black pepper powder(1 teaspoon), dark soy sauce (1 teaspoon), and salt. Mix well.
- Pour just enough water to get a smooth and semi thick batter.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. You may need about 2 cups of oil.
- Dip each idli quarter in the batter and coat well.
- Once oil is hot, gently add the batter coated idlis into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown. Take out from oil with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
- In a small frying pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil. Once hot, add chopped ginger, garlic and onions and saute until light golden.
- Then saute capsicum for a minute until wilted.
- Add remaning chilli powder and black pepper powder and stir well.
- Now add the tomato sauce (2 teaspoons) and remaining soy sauce. Stir well, check seasonings.
- Add the juice of half a lime or about 2 teaspoons of lime juice and stir.
- Toss in the fried idlis. Let the sauce coat well onto the idlis.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of more capsicum.
You can adjust the heat according to the spice level of your preference. This recipe is fairly spicy. So, reduce a pinch and make the same recipe for a less spicier version. You can make the same recipe wih paneer or tofu cubes. They will taste equally good!