The rich and salty salami and cheese bread rolls are a popular snack item in the western part of the country. The bread is essentially flattened out;rolled in with salami and cheese and deep fried to get a golden layer on the outside. You should give these salami and cheese bread rolls a try !
How to Make Salami And Cheese Bread Rolls
- Trim edges of the bread and with a rolling pin, flatten until very thin.
- Spread a thin layer of jam on the top side of bread slice. Arrange a piece of salami over jam.
- Place cheese strip at the edge of bread and roll bread into a log to enclose filling. Press lightly on seams to completely seal (or secure with toothpicks and remove when ready to dredge in bread crumbs). Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and milk and whisk together until well-beaten.
- Dip bread rolls in egg mixture and roll in bread mixture, patting down crumbs to fully coat.
- In a wide, thick-bottomed pan over medium heat, heat about 2-inch deep of oil.
- Place prepared bread rolls seam side down and fry until golden, turning on sides as needed.
- Remove from pan and drain on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Serve hot.
The addition of something sweet brings these rolls to a whole level of deliciousness by balancing the saltiness of the salami and the richness of the cheese