Dattatreya Jayanti is also known as Datta Jayanti, which celebrates the birthday of Hindu God Dattatrya (Datta) who is a combined form of the powerful trinity, Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. It is observed on a poornima (full moon day) of the Margashirsha month by the Hindu calendar. This puja and vrat of Diety Datta is mainly celebrated in Maharashtra. Devotees believe that they benefit in all aspects of life by performing puja on Dattatreya Jayanti but the main significance of this day is that it protects individuals from ancestral issues.
Deity Dattatreya is known to guide people to live a good life in the right manner. Worshipping him on the day of his incarnation helps devotees to lead a prosperous life. Naam jaap of few thousand times is very beneficial to everyone on Dattatreya Jayanti. It is important that one do more jaaps for severe problems as compared to small issues of life.
Dattatreya Jayanti 2019 is on December 11 Wednesday
8 months and 19 days to go for the event
Rituals of the vrat
- Like other pujas, the devotees wake up early, take bath in holy water bodies, and observe fast for the day.
- Specific flowers, incense stick, lamp, and sweets are offered during the puja ceremony. One should sing devotional songs and read devotional book like Avadhuta Gita and Jivanmukta Gita.
- During the course of the puja, one must apply sandalwood paste, vermillion, and turmeric to the idol or photo of the deity.
- It is also important that after the puja commences, devotees should take seven circles around the Lord Datta’s idol distribute prasad and aarti to everyone in the puja.
- Chanting mantras like “Sree guru dattatreyaya namah” or Om Shri Gurudev Datta is quite beneficial for purity in mind and soul.
Important Timings On Dattatreya Jayanti
|Sunrise||11-Dec-2019 07:01 AM|
|Sunset||11-Dec-2019 17:38 PM|
|Purnima Tithi Begins||11-Dec-2019 10:59 AM|
|Purnima Tithi Ends||12-Dec-2019 10:42 AM|
|Place : Ujjain [ India ]|
Temples like Manik Prabhu holds a seven days festival that is dedicated to God Datta and a lot of celebration takes place from Ekadashi to Purnima. In addition, seven days before the jayanti, reciting recitation of the Shri Gurucharitra is an important ritual that starts the festival.
Dattatreya Jayanti festival dates between 2016 & 2026
|2016||Tuesday, 13th of December|
|2017||Sunday, 3rd of December|
|2018||Saturday, 22nd of December|
|2019||Wednesday, 11th of December|
|2020||Tuesday, 29th of December|
|2021||Saturday, 18th of December|
|2022||Wednesday, 7th of December|
|2023||Tuesday, 26th of December|
|2024||Saturday, 14th of December|
|2025||Thursday, 4th of December|
|2026||Wednesday, 23rd of December|