Dattatreya Jayanti also known as Datta Jayanti, celebrates the birthday of Hindu God Dattatreya (Datta) who is a combined form of the powerful trinity, Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. It is observed on a poornima of the Margashirsha month by the Hindu calendar. The puja and vrat of Diety Datta is mainly celebrated in Maharashtra. Devotees believe that they benefit in all aspects of life by performing puja on Dattatreya Jayanti but the main significance of this day is that it protects individuals from ancestral issues.
Dattatreya Jayanti 2020 is on December 29, Tuesday
Purnima tithi timing: December 29, 7:54 am - December 30, 8:58 am
8 months and 24 days to go for the event
Datta Jayanti or Dattatreya Jayanti celebrates the birthday of Lord Dattatreya
Deity Dattatreya is known to guide people to live a good life in the right manner. Worshipping him on the day of his incarnation helps devotees to lead a prosperous life. Naam jaap of few thousand times is very beneficial to everyone on Dattatreya Jayanti. It is important that one do more jaaps for severe problems as compared to small issues of life.
Rituals of Datta Jayanti and Dattatreya vrat
- Like other pujas, the devotees wake up early, take bath in holy water bodies, and observe fast for the day.
- Specific flowers, incense stick, lamp, and sweets are offered during the puja ceremony. One should sing devotional songs and read devotional book like Avadhuta Gita and Jivanmukta Gita.
- During the course of the puja, one must apply sandalwood paste, vermillion, and turmeric to the idol or photo of the deity.
- It is also important that after the puja commences, devotees should take seven circles around the Lord Datta’s idol distribute prasad and aarti to everyone in the puja.
- Chanting mantras like “Sree guru dattatreyaya namah” or Om Shri Gurudev Datta is quite beneficial for purity in mind and soul.
Datta Jayanti is celebrated on Margashirsha Purnima
Important Timings On Dattatreya Jayanti
|Sunrise||December 29, 2020 7:11 AM|
|Sunset||December 29, 2020 5:46 PM|
|Purnima Tithi Begins||December 29, 2020 7:54 AM|
|Purnima Tithi Ends||December 30, 2020 8:58 AM|
|Place : Ujjain [ India ] See More|
Temples like Manik Prabhu holds a seven days festival that is dedicated to God Datta and a lot of celebration takes place from Ekadashi to Purnima. In addition, seven days before the jayanti, reciting recitation of the Shri Gurucharitra is an important ritual that starts the festival.
Dattatreya Jayanti festival dates between 2017 & 2027
|2017||Sunday, 3rd of December|
|2018||Saturday, 22nd of December|
|2019||Wednesday, 11th of December|
|2020||Tuesday, 29th of December|
|2021||Saturday, 18th of December|
|2022||Wednesday, 7th of December|
|2023||Tuesday, 26th of December|
|2024||Saturday, 14th of December|
|2025||Thursday, 4th of December|
|2026||Wednesday, 23rd of December|
|2027||Monday, 13th of December|