Love your chapathis? Make it even more wholesome by including potatoes in it. Here we have taken the ever versatile potato as the filling and prepared the famous dhaba style Aloo Paratha. Have it with a dollop of butter and bowl of cold curd. Truly satisfying and easy to make!
How to Make Easy Aloo Paratha Recipe
- Take a bowl, add wheat flour, salt and 1 teaspoon of oil mix well.
- Then pour little by little water, to combine everything and form a soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside.
- In a flat pan, heat it and pour 3 teaspoons of cooking oil. Once hot, jeera, ginger and mix well.
- Then add onions, green chillies, pepper powder, coriander leaves and boiled potatoes. Mix well and mash properly.
- Add salt and check for taste. Keep pan aside and let the potato mix cool.
- Next, divide the dough into 3-4 balls. Each ball should be the size of a large lime.
- Dust the rolling pin and board and roll out the dough ball.
- Place a dollop of potato mix in it, wrap it.
- Roll out the stuffed chapathi dough. If it sticks, dust in some more wheat flour.
- Heat a pan, add a little butter.
- Once it melts, place the stuffed aloo paratha and let it cook. Keep turning every 10-15 seconds, to ensure that it has evenly browned on all sides.
- Do the same with the rest of the potatos mix and chapathi dough.
- Serve hot with curd, salad and pickles.
This aloo paratha is complete and delicious. Still if you like , you can stuff your chapathi dough with keema, or riced cauliflower, cheese and anything you like.