Egg Dosas are highly rich in protein and makes a quick, appetizing,and nutritious meal for all ages. It is made with the traditional dosa batter and topped with regular egg omelette mix.
How to Make Egg Dosa
- Take a non-stick tawa (griddle) and heat it. Sprinkle some water on the tava and gently wipe it using a cloth. Now add few drops of ghee to a tawa or pan.
- When the pan is hot enough, pour a ladleful of the batter and spread it in a circular motion. Avoid making a very thin dosa and ensure that the edges are thick enough to prevent the egg flowing out of the dosa.
- Cook on a high flame untill the batter turns brown in colour and crisp. Keep in mind to adjust the flame as per the pan size and thickness.
- Crack an egg into a bowl and add salt and pepper as required. Beat properly until fluffy.
- Pour over the dosa and spread lightly.
- Wait for the egg to set, and then roll over and serve hot.
- Best served with a chutney.
If you like the street style egg dosa, add 1 tbsp of some chunky curry /gravy over the top of the spread batter. You can add chopped onions and green chillies on top of the egg.