Who doesn' love potatoes? And if they are shaped into cute smileys and deep fried, the youngsters will be even more happier! Try these easy-to-make potato smileys - few ingredients, no equipments needed to shape and these are ready in a few minutes.
How to Make Kid Friendly Easy Potato Smileys Recipe
- Peel, boil and mash potatoes until there are no lumps.
- Place mashed potatoes in a bowl and add in the rest of the other ingredients except oil.
- Use more breadcrumbs if needed to mix and form a dough.
- Now divide into small balls.
- Flatten each ball. With a straw, poke in two eyes.
- Then with the curved end of a teaspoon, create a smile shape on the flattened potato dough.
- Repeat the same with all the dough balls.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Once semi hot, dip the potato smileys gently and fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Yup, there you go! Much on these Yummy, Easy to Make Potato Smiley Fritters as a party appetizer, or for a kiddie party or an after school snack or perhaps the best snack for a rainy day.
You can add thinly sliced spinach leaves in the mix and serve some healthy potato smileys. Also, get creative and try including some mashed sweet potatoes and give a sweet twist to these smileys.