This is a no fail, easy and delicious recipe that you can prepare within a matter of few minutes. Got unexpected guests for lunch? This will be your best choice! Try this step by step recipe today.
How to Make Rava Kesari
- Take a thick bottomed pan, Pour half the ghee and once melted, add nuts and raisins and fry lightly. Keep them aside to cool.
- Then into the pan, add sooji or fine semolina.
- Roast the semolina until light golden brown. Keep aside.
- Next, boil water and then add then add the roasted sooji.
- Stir well to avoid lumps.
- On low heat, cover and let it cook until all water is absorbed.
- Add sugar and stir well.
- Pour remaining ghee at this point. Stir well.
- You can add saffron or orange food colouring at this point. It is optional.
- Then add cardamom powder and fried nuts and raisins. Combien well.
- Arrange the warm kesari in a plate or bowl of your choice and serve warm. Garnish with more nuts.
For a bit more richer rava kesari, you can reduce the water and substitute it with milk. Nuts can include almonds, walnuts, or even pistachios.