Bored of the normal rava upma? Then for a change, why don’t you try this chapathi upma? It has quite a few benefits- it contains a whole load of nutritious vegetables, plus the goodness of wheat and will make the perfect food recipe for all. Another attraction is that if your pantry is empty, try making this dish with leftover chapathis and see how yummy it can taste!
How to Make Chapathi Upma Recipe
- Take the chapathis and cut into small bite size pieces. You can tear it also into small pieces. It should resemble a bit like cornflakes.
- Pour oil in large pan. Once hot, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add onions, ginger and green chilli and stir well until the onions become translucent and the raw smell of the ginger disappears.
- Slowly add peanuts, carrots, curry leaves and torn chapathis. Season with salt and stir well.
- Sprinkle a little water, add lime juice and stir again.
- Keep covered and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove lid and serve hot.
Tip: In this upma, you can use any recipe you like and that would include, peas, cabbage, corn, canned chickpeas, any nuts of your choice, raisins and even crumbled cottage cheese. So, experiment and add in veggies that you like.