Small snacks can make life so much better. Doughnuts or even called as Donuts are such delicacies that take us back to the childhood days. Try this homemade recipe of donuts and your kids will never ask you to buy another one from the store again! Have warm, fresh, spongy, sugary donuts that have been slightly topped with lip licking melted chocolate.
How to Make Easy Homemade Donut Recipe | Quick Doughnut Recipe
- Pour lukewarm milk in a bowl. Add yeast, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes so that the yeast blooms.
- Add 1 whole egg to the milk mixture.
- Then pour in 2 tablespoons of oil and combine well.
- Add in flour and mix until there are no lumps in it.
- You will get a shaggy dough, but keep kneading to get a soft dough.
- Use extra flour if necessary to avoid sticking to the surface and your hands.
- Now place in a large bowl and coat with a little oil.
- Keep covered in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- It would have doubled in size.
- Punch and knead the dough again.
- Divide the dough into two portions.
- Dust the surface, and place one dough portion and flatten it.
- The flattened dough should be about 1/2" thick.
- Now, with the inverted glass bowl, cut out a circle shaped dough. The center of each dough can be further cut to form a small hole.
- Or you can use a donut cuttter and cut out a donut and then make a small circle inside.
- Heat a pan with cooking oil. Fry them in medium hot oil.
- Fry until both sides are golden brown in colour.
- Melt the chopped dark or milk chocolate for one min in the microwave.
- Or you can place a glass bowl over a pot of steaming water and let that steam melt the chocolate.
- Dip each doughnut in it, or drizzle chocolate on the donut.
- Enjoy warm or cold.
You can top dougnuts with jam, peanut butter and even fill with any sweet filling of your choice.