If you love your rice dishes, then this is a must try rice dish. It can be prepared in under 30 minutes. Plus, it is all lemony and ready to enjoyed with some curd, pickles and papads. Yum!
How to Make Lemon Rice Recipe
- Cook rice in such a way that each grains are separate. Spread it on a plate, mix 3 teaspoons of sesame seed oil to it, so that the grains will not stick together.
- Heat oil, and once hot. Add mustard, chana dal (kadal parippu), urad dal. Stir well until you get a roasted aroma.
- Next add in the red chillies, green chillies and asafoetida and stir well.
- Then add ginger, turmeric powder and stir well.
- Finally add in carrots and combine everything well. Check for seasonings and add if required.
- Squeeze lemon juice in a cup, add salt to it. Mix well and add it to the rice.
- Add the sauteed carrot mix also to the rice and mix well. Taste and see. If required add more salt and lemon juice.
- Serve with papads or chips or roasted potatoes.
Make sure that your cooked rice has cooled down before stirring in the mustard and masala mix. Or else, you will end up getting a mushy mix of savoury rice. Enjoy this meal while you travel, for picnics as it stores well.