Passion fruit is one of the most aromatic and vitamin C rich fruits that has anti- inflammatory properties and is good for your skin. Make sure that you take only the pulp and not the white skin that encases the juicy pulp. A truly easy recipe and a fun to do project for young children.
Preparation Time : 2 hours
Cuisine : All
How to Make Passion Fruit Wine
- Boil three litres of water in a large pot. Then leave to cool.
- Take a well washed, and completely dried and wiped porcelain or glass pot that has a lid.
- Pour the boiled and cooled water into the pot.
- Next, wash and wipe all the passion fruits. Scoop the yellow pulp from the fruit but leave out the white covering.
- All the pulp to the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Keep covered with the lid.
- For one week, you need to open the lid- once a day and stir with a long wooden spoon.
- Then tightly cover the lid and wrap the top portion with a thick cotton or muslin cloth.
- Again, for one week, just shake the pot in a steady circular clockwise motion- without opening the lid.
- Leave it to rest for a month in a place with no disturbance and that which is free from dust.
- After one month, open and strain the liquid into a large bowl. To strain, pour the liquid passionfruit mix through a muslin cloth.
- Pour into sterilised glass bottles and serve as required.
Best if kept untouched and undisturbed in the glass or porcelain pot for a year or so. It matures well and gives a body to the wine.