Cooking when made easy is all the more delicious. This Semiya Payasam is a traditional Indian Milk sweet made out of milk, vermicelli and sweetness of your choice. So, whether it is Eid, or Onam, or for that matter - a bachelor's party- make this and wow your guests!
How to Make Semiya Payasam
- Heat a pan and add ghee. Once it melts, roast the semiya.
- Pour milk and sugar and stir to combine.
- Let it boil and cook until soft.
- Then add raisins, cashewnuts,and cardamom powder to milk.
- Stir for 5-10 minutes and then leave to cool.
- Serve warm or cold with a good garnish of roasted, chopped nuts.
This is a super easy recipe. Now for those who are allergic to milk, you can substitute it with soy milk or any nut milk or your choice. Plus, a healthier version would be substituting white sugar with brown sugar, or even agave syrup.