A splendid feast of upma-lined dosas, which is almost like having two dishes at one go! These golden-brown dosas filled with appetizing tasty rava upma is perfect to have for breakfast or as an evening supper
How to Make Upma Dosa
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and urad dal and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and green chilli paste and saute on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the rava and saute on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Stir continuously.
- Now add coriander to the pan and mix the entire mixture well.
- Take a non-stick tawa (griddle) and heat it. Sprinkle some water on the tava and gently wipe it using a cloth. Now add few drops of ghee to a tawa or pan.
- When the pan is hot enough, pour a ladleful of the batter and spread it in a circular motion.
- Cook on a high flame untill the batter turns brown in colour and crisp. Keep in mind to adjust the flame as per the pan size and thickness.
- Take the prepared upma and spread it evenly using a wet spoon and cook it on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Fold the dosa into a semi-circle.
- Take it off the pan and place on a plate. Follow the same process to cook the Dosa. All dosas are to be made in this same manner.
Take care to spread the upma lightly on the dosa, otherwise it will clump up