Is comfort food on your cards? Then, try this creamy mushroom penne dish. Adults and kid will love this recipe. In just 30 minutes, you can have a bowl of vegetarian goodness.
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Boiled Penne Pasta
- 2 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Wheat Flour
- 2 Tablespoon Coriander Leaves chopped
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper powder as needed
- 3 Tablespoon Oil or Butter
How to Make Creamy Garlicky Mushroom Penne
- Take a bowl, add water (about 2 cups) and boil it. Add in penne and boil until it is just cooked ( al dente stage). It should be firm to the bite stage.
- Sprinkle a litte salt, mix, drain water from pasta and keep aside.
- In a flat pan, add a teaspoon of oil or butter. Toss in the sliced mushrooms and garlic (1 tablespoon).
- Saute until it is cooked to perfection. This will take about 8 minutes. Keep aside.
- Place a flat pan on the stove or induction. Add a tablespoon of butter or oil.
- Add in garlic and saute until a garlicky aroma comes. Add in flour and saute until golden brown.
- Pour in milk and stir quickly to avoid lumps. Pour milk little by little to get a thick sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper as per your preference.
- Now, add cooked mushrooms and boiled pasta and stir well.
- Finally add in chopped coriander leaves and toss well.
- Serve immediatedly.
This recipe uses milk, but if you are lactose intolerant - then use soy milk. Or need a low calorie recipe? Using low fat milk is a good option or even nut milk will seve the purpose. For non vegtarians, add in a bit of diced bacon and enjoy