This is a wine that is made in tropical countries and especially when available in plenty. It’s a storehouse of beta-carotene and a great aid for smooth digestion (when eaten fresh).Try this simple fruit wine which can be made by beginners and let it be a part of your festive season.
Preparation Time : 2 hours
Cuisine : All
How to Make Pineapple Wine
- Boil three litres of water in a large pot. Then leave to cool.
- Take a well washed, and completely dried and wiped porcelain or glass pot that has a lid.
- Pour the boiled and cooled water into the pot.
- Next, wash the pineapple. Cut off the skin and eyes of the pineapple.
- Next, slice the pineapple into half.
- Remove the core and chop into 1 inch pieces.
- You should cut the sweet flesh also into 1 inch pieces.
- Now, add the core and pineapple pieces along with its juices into the pot of cooled water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Keep covered with the lid.
- For one week, you need to open the lid- once a day and stir with a long wooden spoon.
- Then tightly cover the lid and wrap the top portion with a thick cotton or muslin cloth.
- Again, for one week, just shake the pot in a steady circular clockwise motion- without opening the lid.
- Leave it to rest for a month in a place with no disturbance and that which is free from dust.
- After one month, open and strain the liquid into a large bowl. To strain, pour the liquid pineapple mix through a muslin cloth.
- Pour into sterilised glass bottles and serve as required.
Best if kept untouched and undisturbed in the glass or porcelain pot for a year or so. It matures well and gives a body to the wine.