Red grapes are good to protect the body against cancer and aids in the healthy heart functioning. Research reveals that the skin of grapes contains polyphenols that improve heart health of people. It is said to cure headaches, migraines and reduces constipation.
Preparation Time : 2 hours
Cuisine : All
How to Make Red Grape Wine
- Boil three litres of water in a large pot. Then leave to cool.
- Take a well washed, and completely dried and wiped porcelain or glass pot that has a lid.
- Pour the boiled and cooled water into the pot.
- Wash and pat dry all the grapes. Add grapes to the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Keep covered with the lid.
- For one week, you need to open the lid- once a day and stir with a long wooden spoon.
- Then tightly cover the lid and wrap the top portion with a thick cotton or muslin cloth.
- Again, for one week, just shake the pot in a steady circular clockwise motion- without opening the lid.
- Leave it to rest for a month in a place with no disturbance and that which is free from dust.
- After one month, open and strain the liquid into a large bowl. To strain, pour the liquid grape mix through a muslin cloth.
- Pour into sterilised glass bottles and serve as required.
Best if kept untouched and undisturbed in the glass or porcelain pot for a year or so. It matures well and gives a body to the wine.