A Holi special snack. It's savoury, crispy, yummy and easy to prepare. the famous Tikona Nimki is great to be carried for picnics and served to those cute kiddie parties. Try it!
How to Make Tikona Nimki ( Spicy Layered Crackers )
- Take a bowl and mix in flour, salt, and sesame seeds.
- Add ghee and mix well.
- Add water as needed to form a dough.
- Cover and keep the dough aside for one hour.
- Now, take the dough and divide into small lime balls.
- Dust a litle flour on a flat surface.
- Roll out each dough ball until you get a flat circular sheet of dough. Keep it dusted to avoid sticking to the flat surface.
- Prick each flat piece of dough
- Dab a little ghee or oil onto the dough and fold into half.
- Again fold to form a triangle. Just slighlty press the edges of the triangle, but not in the center.
- Repeat the same with all the dough balls.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan.
- place the Tikona gently in the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Keep flipping over to get an even brown coat all over.
- In a small bowl, mix in chilli powder, chaat masala, amchur powder, and salt.
- Sprinkle this powder mix onto the fried Tikona and ensure it is evenly dusted.
If you have Nigella seeds or Kalonji, you can add that instead of black sesame seeds. Like spicy cracker? Add a dash of white pepper powder to the final spice mix and then sprinkle onto fried Tikona Nimki.