This instant and tasty dosa don't require any major preparation like soaking, grinding or fermenting. We have used only wheat flour to make this dosa recipe and little ghee for a crisp texture to the dosa. This is a perfect diet dosa for diabetic patients as there is no addition of any flour other than wheat flour.
How to Make Wheat Dosa
- Take the salt and the wheat flour in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Keep adding water till the batter mixes gently until the consistency is thin. Keep it aside.
- Now take oil in a pan and heat it. Add mustard seeds to the pan.
- Once they start popping up, add urad dal and saute until it turns golden brown.
- Now add red chilies and curry leaves and remove from fire.
- Transfer this to the wheat dosa batter. Add the minced shallots and mix well.
- Remove the batter in a container or bowl and add salt to it. Mix it well.
- Take a non-stick tawa and heat it. Sprinkle some water on the tava and gently wipe it using a cloth. Now add few drops of ghee to a tawa or pan.
- When the pan is hot enough, pour a ladleful of the batter and spread it in a circular motion.
- Cook on a high flame until the batter turns brown in colour and crisp. Keep in mind to adjust the flame as per the pan size and thickness.
- Now flip the sides and cook the dosa on another side as well. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Once the batter on the top is cooked, sprinkle 1/2 tsp oil on the edges of the batter and in the center of the pan.
- Cook till the base turns golden and crisp. Once cooked the base will leave the pan properly.
- Take it off the pan and place on a plate. Follow the same process to cook the Dosa. All dosas are to be made in this same manner.
If you like crispy dosa then use little rice flour while making the batter. Use buttermilk or curd diluted water to mix and binding the flour. Adding a tbsp of curd to the batter adds nice aroma and brings a good color to the dosas.