Have a sweet tooth craving? This will be your best pick! A tasty and easy to make North Indian dessert. A must for Diwali and for any auspicious occasion you need to celebrate.
How to Make Easy Malpua Recipe| Easy Indian Fried Dessert In Minutes| Easy Diwali Sweets| Easy Navaratri Sweets
- Take a bowl and mix in flour, semolina and sugar.
- Add in the milk, and stir in little by little until you get a semi-loose batter with no lumps.
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Once hot, pour a ladle of the batter gently into the hot oil
- Let it fry for one minute or so and then flip over. Fry until you get a light golden Malpua.
- Repeat the process until the batter is over. Keep fried Malpua aside.
- Make sugar syrup in another pot.
- Add cardamom powder and boil until the sugar syrup is one string consistency.
- Dip each fried Malpua in the sugar syrup and leave to soak for one hour.
- Then take out the soaked Malpua from syrup and serve warm in a flat plate with a simple garnish of chopped nuts and a drizzle a little syrup on top.
You can add a little saffron in the sugar syrup for more colour and rich flavour. If you are lacto allergic, omit the milk. Add water, or soy milk or coconut milk instead.